Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Mystery Letter



So today we as a house received a mystery letter. When this happens we usually let it sit on our counter with the rest of the mail and just wait for it to get up and walk to it's intended owner instead of us actually doing something about it. But we noticed today that this letter was a little different. It was in this super cool envelope {do you say Eh-nvelope or Ah-nvelope?} and was from the Domincan Republic so we assumed it was from a missionary. Two of us having a current or former missionary felt for the intended recipient of this letter- what a tragedy to not receive a letter from a dear friend from abroad. Well upon further investigation {seriously it took us until 9:00 to realize this- the mail gets here at noon} we realized that it was from 1993 ummm... that was almost 20 years ago! I don't even have memories from that year! So in my immediate curiosity {well actually my friends immediate curiosity} I/we facebook stalked the recipient of the letter and it turned out that a good family friend of mine was a mutual friend {gotta love modern technology}. So of course I messaged this mutual friend and told her the story and asked if she could contact this woman and find out if this letter was actually intended for her.

I'm not really sure what I expected. I thought that at best in a week I'd find out that this woman was in fact the recipient and then I'd mail it to her and then nothing else... Or something along those lines. Well I actually heard back from the mutual friend tonight! Turns out she was a roommate of the recipient and just called her and she did live in the same house that I'm living in now! The woman that sent her the letter was a woman she taught on her mission and got baptized. She lives close to Provo now and I got her number and will be able to get her the letter soon.

Seriously, what are the chances that a letter gets lost for 20 years and once it is finally sent there is someone in the house {that has probably had over a hundred residents since 1993} there is someone that has a connection to the intended recipient. I'm telling you I have a good feeling about this letter-it's important and has it's own purposes of this delay. I can't wait to figure out what it is/if it does.

To be continued...

1 comment:

  1. This is the coolest/weirdest thing I've ever heard. All I can say is that letter is supposed to get to that woman. Badly. What a good girl you are to investigate such a cool mystery. You rock!

    ReplyDelete