Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Attempts At Being A Domestic Goddess: Faux-jitas

As some of you know I love Mexian food
As some of you know I also dislike vegetables
This creates a couple of problems in my life {early death and the like}

Anyway, about a week ago I decided I wanted to make fajitas but didn't really have any of the necessary ingredients- so I improvised! I found a recipe for fajitas and just substituted peppers and other vegetables with spices and it was delicious! I don't think they are an exact replica of fajitas but they are pretty delicious.

Here's what I did:
1 chicken breast
vegetable oil
Garlic Salt, Chili Powder, Onion Powder, Pepper, and Oregano to taste
tortillas, cheese

heat vegetable oil in frying pan {I don't have an exact measurement but just enough to thinly coat half the pan}
thaw chicken and cut into strips
put chicken into pan and season
cook chicken
warm tortillas
Tortillas+Cheese+Chicken
Consume!

the process

the spices

End product

easy, fast, delicious meal- yum

1 comment:

  1. Add salsa and you'd have a balanced meal. Salsa is vegetables. Even better, try corn tortilla's then you'd have your whole grains too. =) Funny girl. Good job.

    ReplyDelete