Friday, February 3, 2012

my screams about ice cream


Alright you guys I admit it. I love me some Ice Cream! (I said it. I'm freeeeeeeeeeeeee!)
Recently (Thursday night at about 11:30 pm) I decided that I was craving something creamy, chocolaty, and cold. I decided that I wanted some delicious ice cream (though on the way to Smiths I realized that what I was actually craving was an Oreo Pie Shake from Sammy's but I digress). I went and bought myself some of my personal favorite Ben & Jerry's half baked ice cream. Here's the description for this deliciousness: "Chocolate & Vanilla Ice Creams mixed with Gobs of Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough & Fudge Brownies". I actually had to have someone translate it for me because all I read was heaven in pint sized form.

But me and the good stuff don't always get along I'm sad to say. Here are my screams about my ice creams.***

1. When I'm eating ice cream from a cone I always get it on my face. I cannot eat from a cone without ice getting on my nose, chin, mouth (as opposed to in- shwoops). Needless to say it makes getting ice cream on dates embarrassing
2. I always somehow get ice cream on my hands. I don't know what it is- just getting close to my pint of B&J my fingers attract that gooey chocolate and I never know where it will show up. In fact I just was on my computer and ended up getting ice cream on my mouse pad because it was on the tip of my pointer finger- who does that? me...
3. I eat ice cream slowly... it's just a cross I have to bear. If it's cold I can't just scarf it down like I could pizza or french fries.
4. Dreyers and Breyers... can we please get a little more original?
5. 4-5 dollars for a gallon (not even a gallon now!) of ice cream (that one's for my dad)
and finally
6. It's just so good- I always want it but I also want to savor it. It creates such an internal conflict- I know another cross to bear.

All in all ice cream and I have a decent relationship. Sometimes it's a rocky road (couldn't ignore the use of the pun- admitted pun intended) but I still love it.
*** family tradition of getting dipped cones from McD's on the way home from Rattle Snake Lake-
Even in the winter

No comments:

Post a Comment