Monday, February 20, 2012

Attempts At Being A Domestic Goddess: Ssaaallllssssaaa

After 3.5 months of Jerusalem without even a hint of salsa {one of my favorite things in the world} I was about to die. Seriously the only down side of Jerusalem. I mean in Turkey they had this really good stuff you'd dip bread into and it was a spicy tomato-y/spicy/pepper flakey paste {actually it was super good- does anyone know what I'm talking about?} and you could always put spice on the shawarma which I highly recommend to anyone that likes spicy food- SO GOOD! {my mouth is all sorts of watering right now- ah I miss Jerusalem}

Back to the point


So after having to live without my beloved chips and salsa for 3.5 months {and actually pretty much all of EFY too- sad story} I was so happy to be reunited with that glorious dipping sauce. Well being the poor college student that I am it gets kind of expensive to buy my own salsa- especially at the rate I go. {Lyse can vouch for me on this one} Well I decided it would be a good idea to make my own salsa- and guess what? I was right! I made my aunt Christy's salsa {thanks to the recipe book my mom sent me a couple weeks ago}
and it was so delicious!
And so easy!
AND so cheap!
Red onion, green pepper, canned tomatoes with green chilies, garlic, lime, cilantro, and salt. What more could you ask for?

{okay I actually ask for it to be a bit spicier so I'm going to add some red pepper flakes and let that kick it up a notch or two}


What made it even better? My roommate Caitlin made homemade tortilla chips. Just fry up some corn tortillas and add salt and you've got some of the best tortilla chips you have ever tasted I swear. Mmmmmm- so good. So that was my dinner tonight- homemade salsa with homemade tortillas. #reunitedanditfeelssogood

Other thoughts of the weekend:
Hannah had her first stake dance! {my mom even sent me pictures}
This weekend was all sorts of crazy and fun and also crazy {#whoamI?}
Cafe Paesan in Orem- spicy chicken pizza gets my approval
I should never assume anything/try to read people ever again

No comments:

Post a Comment