Monday, February 24, 2014

Spring Calling

I realize that pretty much the entire country has had a pretty awful winter. East coast got it pretty bad this week. There was that one "national hate Florida day" where the entire US was freezing while it was like 75 degrees in Florida. Yeah, my mom was there that week. Rude. But this winter for me at least was like 30 times better than last year. Not only has it been warmer and less snowy but my apartment isn't 50 degrees. Instead it's probably about 78 which is too hot but I'll survive. Regardless of how much better this winter is I'm still dying for spring. Spring is easily my favorite season. The sun/warmth, the flowers and new trees, and everyone is just happier. My green thumbs are starting to itch, which is strange because I have never really enjoyed gardening. 

Dan is in the same boat with me. We want a garden! Luckily for us we are moving into my grandparents house while they're on their mission and they have a beautiful back yard so we get to have a garden!!!! 

Every time we go over to their house (at least once a week) Dan and I start talking about how excited we are to live there and all the things we might be able to do with their garden. It's pretty awesome.

To tie us over until May we're just fiddling around with fake flowers and store bought bouquets. Also my Pinterest might get a little garden crazy. We don't even have enough windows to give a potted plant proper sunlight so that will have to do for now. My current obsession right now is our front door decoration that I made (with lots and lots of help) at our relief society craft night. Inspiration from here.





No comments:

Post a Comment