Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Birchbox: It's like having a mini-birthday each month

So a few months back I saw an ad for Birchbox, this cute little company that offers monthly samples of cute little cosmetics or gadgets or food. I immediately looked into it because as a poor college grad I didn't/don't really have the budget to just go out and buy makeup or treat myself to cool little things. The sample boxes are $10 each and include about 5 samples of some pretty quality stuff personalized for your needs and desires. Honestly, it's a pretty great idea. So of course when my mom was asking what I wanted for Christmas I was like, "hey! there's this awesome thing called Brichbox you should check it out". So my mom got me a 6 month subscription (she got one for herself too because, why not?).

So now that it's February I have received 2 boxes and it is SO much fun. You just come home one day and you have a cute little box on your steps and you open it and there's all this cute little stuff like sample perfumes, mini-shampoos and conditioners, lipstick, nail polish, Chocolate. I kid you not my first box had a full Ghirardelli chocolate bar in it.

Another great thing about Birchbox is that after you get the samples you can go on their website and buy the full sized thing if you end up loving it (and can afford it). I seriously see no down-side to this service. They also have a Men's Birchbox with great shaving creams, colognes, man-cessories (hats, techy gadgets). They're $20/mo so a little more pricy but if your or a special guy in your life is into fancy creams and gizmos then it might be a good little gift.

I'll be doing some product reviews on the stuff I get in my Birchboxes for the next few months, but really you should probably just check it out for yourself!

*Birchbox did not sponsor this post but they're welcome to at any time ;) #freesamplesforlife?

No comments:

Post a Comment