Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Back to Happy and SUNSHINE!

Sorry about the last post guys, that was a bummer. Unfortunately I still don't have a job but I am working with another awesome start up and doing HR and some marketing for them too which is pretty cool. I guess I just have to get my experience the hard way. 

Anyway, one benefit of not having a job or school is I can pretty much take off whenever I want! Last year Dan and I went to Las Vegas with our dear friends Jake and Cassandra. (You can see the info from that trip in the archives) This year we decided to do the same thing (unfortunately Jake and Cassandra couldn't come with us this time :( ) and it was absolutely perfect! We left on Friday afternoon (Valentines Day- romantic I know) and got back last night (Monday- President's Day). 

Friday we had a delicious dinner courtesy of my Aunt and Uncle who also hate buying into Valentines Day gimmicks and just spent time with our crazy, cute cousins. We really enjoyed the food and the kids really enjoyed jumping all over us. The three youngest all especially like Dan and he was so wonderful and patient and *played with them (*read: took a beating). I married a pretty awesome guy. 

Saturday we did the most amazing hike followed by spending time with Dan's sister and got totally ripped off by Treasure Island that night. We had been planning on going to Cirque de Soleil's Mystere. We were supper lucky and were able to get 3 tickets for the show we wanted with all 3 seats together the day of the show for a too-good-to-believe price. Well we show up to Treasure Island and get our tickets from will call and there are only 2 tickets. So the person selling tickets to Mystere that night thought it would be a really good idea to lie to us and tell us we were getting 3 tickets and then only reserved 2 seats for us and charged us way more than we would have paid for 2 tickets normally. So we got a refund and peaced out of that place. I'm not sure if I'm more annoyed with the fact that they lied to us or with how stupid of a business decision it was to only reserve 2 seats for 3 people.  So instead of spending $120 we went and saw Robocop and got dinner, so I think we got the better end of that deal. Take that Treasure Island!

Sunday was such a relaxing day, we just spent time with cousins and played games and watched TV and ate more delicious food. 

Monday was also wonderful. Dan and I went out and met up with his sister, Emily, and went to the Hoover Dam (insert every dam joke here). I had never been and it was pretty neat. Very interesting art deco inspired architecture and mythological/astrological influences in their decor. Afterward we went to lunch and played with Emily's roommates dog for a bit before we sadly had to come back to Utah. 


It was such a wonderful weekend and we are so grateful to our amazing family members who made our trip so amazing! Love you!!
















No comments:

Post a Comment