Thursday, February 27, 2014

Out of the rut.

I don't know what it has been but the last few months I have just been in a rut. Not a big one, like not even big enough for me to realize that I was in a rut. Just big enough for me to be able to get down on myself for little things and not really focus on making myself better. I don't know if it's the stress of getting a job or the quick change from professional student to professional job seeker but something was getting me down. I don't know, it could have been the weather. Whatever it was though it's gone. 

I'm finally motivated to do things again. I went to the gym twice this week. TWICE! I know big whoop but in the last 6 months I think I've gone to the gym like 4 or 5 times. Pathetic. So two times in one week is pretty awesome. I started a craft project that I have been meaning to do for probably a year now. I folded laundry from the last two loads we did. (at least we've had clean clothes) I'm starting to enjoy my internship more. I'm being more social with the wonderful people around me. I'm starting to make more friends. I'm starting to cook more, which I love. I have even been trying new recipes and adding heaven forbid vegetables (note cooking with and eating are not always the same thing).  Everything is kind of turning out pretty good. Nothing is perfect. I still haven't finished my craft project or put away all of the laundry. I still don't have a job and I'm still not super social. But I'm happier. I'm motivated. I feel good about myself and those around me. 

So I realize I just let you all know how much of a slob and lazy person I have been the last few months. Feel free to forget all of that. Especially the laundry part. But the point is that life is good. People go through hard times. Depression, anxiety, ruts. They are all real and they happen to everyone and more importantly they are different for everyone. My rut ended randomly, maybe due to some unseasonal sun, or socializing, or eating a bit healthier. But you or someone you know might have an entirely different situation. All I can say is that life is really good and it's worth fighting to make the best of it. I know it isn't easy for everyone, but I know that one day everything will actually be okay. It will never be perfect but it will be okay and it will be good. 

This kind of took a turn for the random but I just want to thank everyone who has been so supportive of me. Even if it is just a smile or words of advice or just being a wonderful person to be around it has made a difference in my life. So thank you. 

For more inspiring and well-put words on depression or anxiety check out this amazing talk that we should all probably listen to at least once a month. 

No comments:

Post a Comment