Saturday, March 17, 2012

Attempts At Being A Domestic Goddess: biscuits

On my little vacation home I went to Ruby Tuesday's for the first time and was introduced to their garlic cheddar biscuits. Now I love biscuits, I love garlic, I have mixed feelings about cheese in general {only on certain things, melted, not in excess...} but the combination was delicious! I decided I wanted to try to make them so I got the recipe a few weeks ago- or at least a similar recipe- and made them for a Je-roomie reunion. I was super short on time and was missing garlic powder (substituted with garlic salt/garlic bread seasoning) and didn't have time to make them really correctly but they still turned out alright- just a bit too salty and not quite enough garlic.

Today I decided to just try a normal biscuit recipe because, well, I love biscuits and I had all the ingredients and I could. Well to my pleasant surprise they turned out REALLY well! Perfect amount of salty, buttery flavor. Not too thick, nor too thin. I really am quite pleased with myself right now actually.

Here's the recipe:

2 cups flour
3 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1/4 cup butter
2/3-3/4 cup milk {I probably used closer to 1 full cup though}

Mix dry ingredients
cut in butter (cold)
pour in milk and mix (with hands)

roll into balls and bake at 450 degrees for 10-12 minutes

YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment