Sunday, August 19, 2012

Missin Jeru...

Approximately a year ago from today I was preparing to leave for Jerusalem. Buying ill fitting clothes, finding all sorts of medications, packing suitcases, trying falafel and gyros so as to become accustomed to the food, etc. I had not yet been to the Holy Land. It seems amazing to me that a year ago I hadn't traveled to a place that I feel so comfortable calling home- or a home away from home. It also seems amazing to me that I have almost been home a year {one of those tricky time conundrums} 

Point is that today I had a terrible bout of the homesickys. I was looking through pictures and prior blog posts and just wanted to go back so badly! Hands down, it was the best semester and best experience of my life. 

Never let me forget Jerusalem

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ruBEraXm_GA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Other than being obscenely jealous of all the students going to Jerusalem this semester I went to the park with shvesta Kim and her adorable nephews. Playing with those boys just made me so unbelievably excited to start work. Then I played volleyball with the dear friend Devin. Watched Hunger Games with Kim, Jeff, Heidi, and Jess. {these names don't mean anything to you do they?}and went to a snippet of a dance with Heidi. Just enough to remind me why I don't go to those anymore. #toolfest 

PS. want to hear something funny? My family left Provo today and they took my toothbrush... ummm... yup... #tmi? #gross

No comments:

Post a Comment