Saturday, January 5, 2013

stories

So I realize that I already failed my new years resolution to write something every day but it's okay... keep trying right? I have some great stories though. One from yesterday and one from today!

Yesterday's first "Provo: the Magical Place"

So in the 3 days I have been to the grocery store three times... Smith's wasn't well stocked and then I forgot cilantro at Sunflower Market. Anyway not important. I went to go get gas at the local Sinclair and went home to watch movies and relax after work. I had to buy books that night, so after I went and found all of the best deals on my required readings I went to locate my debit card. And it wasn't in my wallet. It wasn't in my purse. It was like -37 degrees F outside and it wasn't in my car that I could tell. The last place I knew I had it was at the gas station. So I thought "crap, it fell out of my pocket/car into the parking lot. crap crap crap. crap." So the next morning when it was only -5 outside I went back to the Sinclair and walked inside and asked if someone had turned in a debit card last night. And guess what! They had!!! Only in Provo. Dear Provo, even though your winter is SUCKY, and your drivers and rude, and I'm consistently uncomfortably dry in some fashion, your people are honest and good people. Everyone make note: Provo is the best place to lose a debit card

Today's story "The mysterious voice of the morning"
This morning I was awoken at about 4:30 to a mysterious noise and talking. It was two men talking to each other. I couldn't figure out what they were saying it sounded like truckers or a police scanner. But it was clearly coming from my room and it was CREEPY! I don't have a radio and I for the life of me couldn't figure out what the heck was going on. I thought that maybe my space heater was possessed so I unplugged it. I finally realized that it was in fact the walkie talkie from work that I accidentally took home the night before. I had put it in my purse and forgotten to turn it off. So that was sufficiently creepy and confusing for 4:30 am. The good thing though is that my space heater is not possessed because it is currently -2 degrees out side. 

And with that I wish you all a good night. May you dream of warmer places and wake up with all your toes. And not to police scanners. 
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment