Sunday, October 7, 2012

Conference Weekend!

Best conference weekend of my life!

My mom and dad were in town, I went to a football game for the first time in 2 years, went to SLC for conference Saturday with parentals and Dan, shopped with my mom during priesthood, lots of food. It was such an incredible weekend. 

Conference is really one of my favorite things and this conference was absolutely amazing! Starting out with the announcement of boys being able to go on their missions when they are 18 and girls now being able to go when they are 19!!! Proud to say that I was there in the session where that was announced and excited to be able to tell my children about it. All of the talks spoke of amazing and true doctrine. The speakers spoke of the love of Christ and his atonement. I am proud to be a member of a church that is so focused on love of all people. I cannot fully express how I feel about my Savior or my testimony through words but I do believe everything that was said in conference. I believe that I have a savior who performed an atonement for me so that I might live again with Him and my Father in Heaven. I believe that I can be forgiven for my sins if I repent. I believe in grace and works. I believe in a loving not a vengeful God. I believe in eternal families. I believe in joy on this earth and in a life to come after this one. I believe in a restored structure of priesthood power that resembles that of the church Christ formed when he living on the earth. I believe that the Prophet today, Thomas S. Monson, is the mouth of the Lord today and his direction to the church is direction from God. I follow Christ.

I'm a Mormon. I know it. I love it. I live it. 

1 comment:

  1. YOU GO GIRL!!! Ps, someday we should hang out :) when are not not outrageously busy?

    ReplyDelete