Friday, September 2, 2011

GUESS WHAT?!?!?!

I'm in JERU!!!
It only took 5 flights, 1 hotel, 2 shuttles, 1 bus, and who knows how many prayers to get here.
We made it here with only 5 seats lost (and then reclaimed) and only 3 people lost their bags. My excitement may sound somewhat sarcastic but really it is a miracle that we made it. There are still about 30 people trying to get to Jerusalem but they'll all make it in hopefully by Monday.
So information about Jeru- the center is BEAUTIFUL. I probably looked like a five year old in a candy store when I walked in- all wide eyed and mouth open. If I had more energy I would have just ran through onto the patio that looks over the city. Fortunately we had people grab our bags from the bus and dinner was just starting when we got there. We all ate and talked on the patio- the weather here is perfect and watching the sun set whilst listening to call to prayer was amazing. This entire week has been absolutely sureal for so many reasons but finally getting here legitimately feels like a dream. I wish I had pictures to show but unfortunately my camera is... well... possibly broken. Don't worry though I'll either buy a new one or get mine fixed (preferably the later) and I'll get pictures ASAP.
Tomorrow is Sabbath and our orientation walk around the city- I can't wait!
Lots of love from Jeru! (finally!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment