Friday, November 8, 2013

On Red Vines and Twizzlers

I have always been made fun of for my "oversensitive taste buds" or picky eating. My mom always says that when I was a kid I could taste the difference between brands of hotdogs and goldfish crackers. You guys. There's a difference. Especially when you're trying to pass off crap mystery meat hotdogs for all beef ones. And really, Cheese Nips are gross and Cheeze-its and Goldfish are far superior. BIg differences between all. I can't be the only one who notices this.


Anyway this was a little issue last Valentines day. Dan, in his great kindness and love for me got me a bag of twizzlers. I really appreciated the thought and it really was so sweet... but I hate twizzlers. It's like the only red licorice I can't do. Luckily I caught them the day before Valentines day and he felt bad and went and bought me other candy that I did like. Not that it really mattered- it was still very sweet and a valuable lesson learned.

So the other day I was making banana bread and Dan was in the shower when all of a sudden I hear "Katie!, Red Vines and Twizzlers are completely different!". At first I couldn't really understand him- context, walls, and running water made that really difficult to understand. So I walked closer and he explained to me that red vines and twizzlers are different. To which I replied- duh. So different. He hadn't thought about it until November 2, 2013 while I had been thinking about it practically my whole life. I guess he was thinking about movie candy and how red vines and coke sounded good but twizzlers and coke would be awful and since the coke hasn't changed red vines and twizzlers- although similar candies- must be different. Everything is a proof in our home with a math genius.

While it was completely random and kinda weird, it was really nice to be validated. They're completely different which means I can like one and dislike the other. I will not be mocked. It was kind of like the time that Dan came to watch Half the Sky with me to understand why I was minoring in Women Studies. That Dan, he's a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment