Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Looooooong Beach

Easily the WORST thing about going to school at BYU is that it is not within simple driving distance of the beach.

THE WORST

Dan and I got some good beach time whilst in Hawaii for our Honeymoon (ps. I'm married and we went to Hawaii for our honeymoon) but it wore off far too quickly. So we decided to get the H out of Provo (the day of the first snow fall) and drove 15 hours to Long Beach, WA to spend some quality time with the sand, water, and family.

My family and my aunt+uncle+4adorablekids rented a beach house in Long Beach and invited us to come spend the weekend with them. It was a perfect getaway.

Dan and I left at 4 AM Provo time and it had just started snowing. (suckers) and we pulled into the beach house at 5:00 PM exactly Washington time. Being the first ones there we took a little stroll on the beach and watched locals and tourists clamming in the sunset. The Westover's and my family finally showed up and then the craziness began.




If there is one thing you should know about my little cousins it is that 75% of them are in absolute L. O. V. E. with Dan. And the other 25% are boys. So with 4 little kids in the house Dan always had 2-3 girls <10 climbing on him or chatting his ear off. One of my favorite things about Dan is that he doesn't get bothered by kids- he truly loves them and is so patient with them even when he's stressed about school.

The rest of the time at the beach house was spent eating, listening to conference, playing mexican train, hiking, and playing on the beach.

It was a truly fabulous weekend with family and the love of my life.



















I don't know why I live in Utah.

No comments:

Post a Comment