Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Christmas in California

Definitely one of the hardest part about being newlyweds is family time. My family is very local to Provo- I have grandparents, cousins, aunts and uncles all within like 30 minutes of where we live. On top of that my mom came down at least once a month last semester for recruiting at BYU so we definitely spend more time with my family- not because we like them more or anything, but because it's just easy. 

This year was our first Holiday season being married so we had to divvy up time between the two families. We decided Thanksgiving in Washington, Christmas in California, and New Years in Washington since Thanksgiving is so short. 

Thanksgiving was great and we're still married so I think we'll call that one a success. Dan is a good sport and puts up with my crazy family and I think he even likes it most of the time. That or he just does it for the mountain biking. 

We spent Christmas in California with Dan's family. It was my first Christmas away from my family and that was definitely a little sad but it was so great spending time with my new family and getting to know them better. Also it was California so it was warm and that was a pleasant change from Provo's 10 degree weather we'd been having. 

It was so relaxing, we went to San Francisco one day and just walked around and got some Vietnamese food. We usually slept in until 10 and just lazed about and made Christmas treats and then ate too many of them. We read books and watched movies and just sat outside. It was fabulous. I'm definitely missing that California sunshine right now. 

I'm excited to go back and spend more time and holidays with the in-laws but I'm also really happy that this Christmas we'll be with my family. 

Pictures:


Beautiful San Francisco day and a crappy camera





The view from dad Walton's office is pretty great



Oh Christmas tree


And a Christmas pup!











If we had sent out a Christmas card it might have looked like this...


We went to the Hunger Games. UW vs BYU... it's embarrassing how bad BYU is sometimes

Happy Hunger Games and belated Christmas from the Waltons!

No comments:

Post a Comment