Sunday, November 27, 2011

I only have 18 days left :(

Okay so today was absolutely amazing. I really feel like this city is my home and I really am so sad to be leaving so soon. Today we went on a morning field trip. We went the the Wohl museum that is built over ruins of houses dating back 2000 years. We went to the Burnt house- remains from a house that was burned down by the Romans at the time of the destruction of the Second Temple. We also went to part of the Western Wall that had stairs that hadn't been reconstructed and where they found stones that had been thrown off the top of the Temple during the Second Temple destruction including the pinnacle stone where the shofar would be blown (kind of similar the Angel Moroni on top of LDS temples except it was a real person... details). We got pictures with Israeli soldiers (made my day) and after the field trip my roommates and I walked around the old city finishing Christmas shopping and eating delicious food. I personally finished all of my Christmas shopping for family and most of my own shopping and I ate a caramel croissant and shawarma. Good thing we spent all day (from 8:30 am-4:30 pm) walking including the huge hill up to the center. I think my exercise and eating habits cancel each other out- hopefully. I guess the truth will come out when I come home and start playing wii fit again with my family.

Tifereth Israel Synagogue that was blown by Jordanians after the War of Independence

I might be slightly in love with the guy to the left of me...
I might also be suffering from a 3:1 girl to boy ratio for the last 4 months

The stones behind me were the ones thrown off the temple

I really wish people would start spelling my name right...

No comments:

Post a Comment